This position is responsible for assisting in meeting the patient's needs throughout the continuum of care. Guides patients, families, physicians, and to the appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life. Interviews patients and families/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment. Assists patients and families in adjustments to illness, disabilities, and resolving difficulties which interfere with the care management process. Provides psychosocial assessments and develops an interdisciplinary plan of care with the patient and stakeholders to best meet the needs of patients and families. Implements/assist with discharge planning services related to the complex patient.
· Master's Degree in Social Work from accredited institution
· Strong interview, assessment, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to work with people of all social, economic and cultural backgrounds
· Ability to analyze, develop and manage change
· Ability to work independently and to develop relationships with physicians, families, patients, interdisciplinary team and community agencies
· Demonstrates ability to connect patients and families with necessary services
· Maintain working knowledge of resources and services available in the community including options for those with limited or non-existent funding options
· One to two years hospital social work experience or applicable social service experience preferred
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· LCSW License in state of employment
· Case Management Certification preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.