Psychiatrist (General or Child/Adolescent) for Non-profit Regional Healthcare System
Mary Washington Healthcare
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Internal Number: R-9775
Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
General Psychiatry or Child /Adolescent Psychiatry
Primarily responsible for diagnosis, treatment, medication management and/or consultation of mental illness, emotional problems and dual diagnosis of intellectual disability and mental illness.
Opportunities can be Inpatient - Outpatient or a combination of both. We have an inpatient facility that consists of 74 beds and a robust Outpatient practice primarily telemedicine.
We are focused on building a Psychiatry Residency Program for year 2024. Opportunities are available for GME related positions. (Program Director-Assistant Program Director-Core Faculty)
* Provides diagnostic assessment and treatment
* Establishes and modifies medical treatment plans; prescribes medication; monitors client's response to treatment including medication side effects and adverse reactions
* Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and psychiatry
* Knowledge of current theories of psychiatric practice including substance use disorders, crisis management and developmental disabilities *
* Ability to diagnose and treat mental illness in relation to substance use disorders and physical conditions
* Ability to deal effectively with adults with emotional and behavioral disturbances
Ability to work within an interdisciplinary treatment team to solve problems within scope of responsibility
Ability to obtain Virginia Medical License
Must be Board Certified in General Psychiatry.
If interested in working with the Adolescent population, must be BC in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
A Not-for-Profit Regional Healthcare System Dedicated to Excellence. From our humble beginnings in Fredericksburg, Virginia as an eight-room hospital to our modern not-for-profit regional system, Mary Washington Healthcare has seen enormous growth and development in the past 100 years. Today, we are made up of two hospitals and 28 healthcare facilities and wellness services. Community leaders volunteer on our Board of Trustees in order to guide the continued growth and direction of our health care system.