All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day Oneâ¯
Paid Days Off from Day Oneâ¯
Student Loan Repayment Programâ¯
Whole Person Wellbeing Resourcesâ¯
Our promise to you:â¯â¯
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.â¯â¯
Schedule: Full Time Shift:â¯ Days
Location:2325 S DOWNING ST, Denver, 80210
The role you'll contribute:
· Under general supervision of the Director and/or Manager of Case Management, in collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the RN Case Manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
· The RN case manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management. Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, utilization review and management, as well as discharge planning are accountabilities of this role.
· Education is provided to physicians and other members of the team on the issues related to utilization review including inappropriate admissions and placements. Payer-based requests regarding individual members are fulfilled, where appropriate and pertinent.
· The Case Manager adheres to departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually ensuring quality patient care and regulatory compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
· Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Effective organizational skills
· Proficiency in the daily use of standard office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, pager, copier etc. and skill in utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook tools
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Superior clinical skills to determine appropriate clinical and other information for medical necessity reviews and identify appropriate mechanism to address delays or variation for expected care practices.
· Significant knowledge and understanding of availability of community and post-acute resources and related payer requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates Degree in Nursing
· Minimum of two years’ recent acute care experience
· Minimum of an additional two years’ experience in healthcare related fields
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN and/or Master’s degree in Nursing
· Minimum of two years of case management experience and a minimum of one year of experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting highly desirable.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid State of Colorado or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Case Management certification highly desirable – ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (Certified Case Manager), RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.